The Homeless Children’s Education Fund (HCEF) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established in 1999 to support the educational needs of children experiencing homelessness in Allegheny County. Over the years, HCEF’s role in the community has developed and expanded to meet these needs.
The Mission of HCEF is to advance the education of children and youth experiencing homelessness in Allegheny County by:
- Providing educational programs and services
- Serving as a trusted advocate
- Sharing expertise
- Facilitating collaborative relationships that maximize the collective impact among community partners.
We believe that. . .
- Children and youth experiencing homelessness deserve equal access and full participation in the same educational and enrichment opportunities enjoyed by their stably-housed peers.
- Young people cannot soar above the barriers of homelessness without the support of individuals and organizations that are steadfastly committed to nurturing their resilience and realizing their gifts.
- Collaboration is essential to confront homelessness and ensure that the myriad needs of children and youth without homes are respectfully and effectively met.
Click here for our 2015 Annual Report.